Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to develop components and systems for the company’s and our customers’ products. You will have overall responsibility for the design and development of new products from initial concept through to production. Day to day responsibilities will primarily be:
- Requirements capture for new products
- Development of mechanical concepts using sketches, prototyping and 3D CAD
- Prototyping of concepts using machining and micromachining, rapid prototyping and off-the-shelf components
- Collaboration with internal electronics, software, chemist teams and external consultancies
- Sourcing, liaison and implementation of manufacturing strategy using external manufacturers
- Preparation of 2D/3D production data packs
- Ensuring product compliance with CE and other regulations
- Fabrication of test and calibration rigs in the workshop
- Design of ancillary materials including packaging, labelling, technical manuals, assembly documentation
As the product design engineer you will be responsible for championing best practice throughout the entire product development process.
Ideally you will have the following background:
- – Degree educated in mechanical engineering or related subjects
- – Previous experience in device development, experience with design for manufacture, ideally either environmental sensors or IVD / diagnostic devices
- – Experience with instrumentation, fluidics and materials
- – Strong 3D CAD background, e.g. Solidworks, Autocad etc.
- – Wide links with local or international manufacturers
Basic salary: The Company will pay pension, a competitive salary and private health care insurance based on the experience of the successful candidate.
The standard holiday allowance for all employees is 20+3 days annual leave in addition to the statutory bank holidays
Hours of work:
The role is based on a standard 37 ½ hour week. The company will consider flexible working patterns within the operational requirements of the role.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV, or your enquire to email@example.com